RULES FOR EATING
1. If it says “LIGHT”, “LOW-FAT”, or “FAT -FREE” it must stay in the grocery store and not in your home…
2. EAT REAL FOOD… not modified food.
3. Don’t eat anything you DO NOT LIKE… no bad tasting food for me for sure.
4. Eat ONLY when you are hungry. DO NOT EAT when you are not.
5. NO GPS: No GRAINS, No POTATOES, NO SUGAR. NONE!
Eat all you like
- Meat: Any type, including beef, pork, game meat, chicken, etc. Feel free to eat the fat on the meat as well as the skin on the chicken. If possible try to choose organic or grass fed meat.
- Fish and shellfish:
All kinds: Fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel or herring are great. Avoid breading.
- Eggs: All kinds: Boiled, fried, omelettes, etc. Preferably organic eggs up to 36 a day we are told. Eggs are GOOOOOOD for you…
- Natural fat, high-fat sauces: Using butter and cream for cooking can make your food taste better and make you feel more satiated. Try a Béarnaise or Hollandaise sauce, check the ingredients or make it yourself. Coconut oil and olive oil are also good options.
- Vegetables that grow above ground: All kinds of cabbage, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach, mushrooms, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.
- Dairy products: Always select full-fat options like real butter, cream (40% fat), sour cream, Greek/Turkish yogurt and high-fat cheeses. Be careful with regular milk and skim milk as they contain a lot of milk sugar. Avoid flavored, sugary and low-fat products.
- Nuts: Great for a TV treat instead of candy (ideally in moderation).
- Berries: Okay in moderation, if you are not super strict or sensitive. Great with whipped cream.
This post explains how the information came to light, how it may or may not affect the Bulletproofness of your diet, and what we can do to fix the problem.
Recommend Kerrygold grass fed butter for making Bulletproof® Coffee because it’s the most widely available healthy source of butter in the United States, even though it recently came to light that up to 3% of Kerrygold cows’ diets may be from GMO feed. If this is all you need to read to know that you want Kerrygold cows’ diets to be 100% GMO free, then scroll down and show your support by signing the petition below.
The information in the video below is great,,,, I don’t think I will be eating a pound of butter at one sitting but WOW… still great information. DR H
Dad eating a Pound of Butter (3,200 calories, 384 g fat) : Paleo Dad, Episode 2
Avoid if you can
Sugar: The worst.
Soft drinks, candy, juice, sports drinks, chocolate, cakes, buns, pastries, ice cream, breakfast cereals. Preferably avoid sweeteners as well.
- Starch: Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, French fries, potato chips, porridge, muesli and so on. Wholegrain products are just less bad. Legumes, such as beans and lentils, are high in carbs. Moderate amounts of root vegetables may be OK (unless you’re eating extremely low carb).
- Margarine: Industrially imitated butter with unnaturally high content of omega-6 fat. Has no health benefits, tastes bad. Statistically linked to asthma, allergies and other inflammatory diseases. REAL BUTTER ONLY.
- Beer: Liquid bread. Full of rapidly absorbed carbs, unfortunately we love our vises.
- Fruit: Very sweet, lots of sugar. Eat once in a while. Treat fruit as a natural form of candy
- NO GRAINS: ZERO
- No Breads: ZERO
Once in a while
You decide when the time is right. Your weight loss may slow down a bit because you have gone back to NOT using fat as a fuel source so the body uses the quick carb fuel and until those fuels sources or depleted you will not be using fat to produce ketones for fat loss.
- Alcohol: Dry wine (regular red or dry white wine), whisky, brandy, vodka and cocktails without sugar.
- Dark chocolate: Above 70% cocoa, preferably just a bit.
Drink on most days
- Water – LOTS OF WATER
- Coffee: Try it with full-fat cream
- Tea- no sugar… green tea for sure.
See also http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf#video